425g/15oz broad or runner beans
- Cook your chosen beans until just tender. Refresh to cool. Leave broad beans whole but runner beans should be snipped into diamonds.
- Chop the onion and fry in a little oil until it starts to soften.
- Add the Arborio rice and cook, stirring continuously for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in a ladle full of hot stock and simmer gently, stirring often until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Keep adding the stock in this way until the rice is creamy and soft. This will take 15 to 20 mins.
- Trim the ends off the pak choi and slice thinly. Wash thoroughly.
- Add this to the risotto with the beans, lemon juice and rind and warm through.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with black pepper, freshly chopped herbs, snipped chives and grated parmesan cheese if liked.