- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
1/2 cup diced carrot (about 1 medium)
1/4 cup water
8 large eggs
1/4 cup skim or low-fat milk
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- In covered 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with ovenproof handle* over medium heat, cook broccoli and carrot in water until tender, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to break apart broccoli. Drain well. Set aside.
- Evenly coat pan with spray.
- Beat together eggs, milk and seasonings. Stir in cheese and reserved broccoli and carrot. Pour into pan.
- Cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover pan, remove from heat and let stand about 8 to 10 minutes or broil about 6 inches from heat until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve from pan, or either slide from pan or invert onto serving platter.
Makes 4 servings.
* To make handle ovenproof, wrap completely with aluminum foil.